Water is an inorganic substance that is composed of hydrogen and oxygen. It is considered an essential nutrient for life though their nutritional value is quite low since water only carries a few minerals significant calcium, fluorine and iodine.
Water is composed of up to 70% of this precious element. Water is as important as air; humans can survive without food but will surely die without water. Water is essential for you to function properly, to quench your thirst and to literally keep you alive.
Drink water to hydrate
For humans, water consumption varies depending on age, temperature, weather, health issues and level of activity. The older a person gets the least his thirst mechanism regulates so it is very important to continually remind yourself to drink water.
There are also those who, by dint of not attending the thirst reflex where your body undergoes a permanent state of dehydration that can cause many disorders. Drinking water provides many health benefits that improve the kidney function producing clearer urine. Drinking plenty of water benefits the kidney the most as it allows the kidney to clean the blood off of waste substances easily with less risk to the renal calculi.
Water: Drink quintessential
Water plays a very important role for humans;
- Is the medium in which it dilutes the bodily fluids (blood, digestive secretions, urine, etc.).
- Enables the transport of nutrients into cells and waste products from them.
- Aids digestion by diluting the nutrients from food.
- Helps to regulate body temperature by evaporation through the skin.
For these reasons, we need to drink water in sufficient quantity to offset the losses that inevitably occurs in our body.
Generally, it needs to take about three liters of water a day; half comes from the food we eat and the other half from what we drink.
When drinking water
- Drink at least two liters of water a day, this helps remove toxins keeping the kidneys in good condition and compensate the water loss that occurs daily through urine, feces and perspiration.
- Do not wait until you are thirsty to drink, so just make sure to keep a good level of hydration.
- Drink between meals, drink water before, during or after meals does not influence the heat collection. It does not make you fatter or thinner.
- Drink two glasses of water when you get up.
Did you know?
ü Drinking 2 glasses of water in the morning helps activate your internal organs.
ü Drinking 1 glass of water before a meal will help in proper digestion.
ü Drinking 1 glass of water before taking a shower helps prevent high blood pressure.
ü Drinking a glass of water before bed helps prevent strokes or heart attack.