Getting enough sunlight makes you energetic and happy and it also makes your body produce substances that make you healthier such as vitamin D, the only problem is that you can end up with a burn and then you need to know the methods to clarify the skin burned by the sun that could uneven out your skin. Behold 10 natural remedies for sun burn before it uneven your skin tone.
- Yogurt or mayonnaise. A good way to ease the pain of sunburn is to use yogurt. Yogurt helps cool the skin while stabilizing the pH and helps the skin heal faster.
Preferably use plain, no flavor, no fruit, sugar or sweeteners. If you find organic yogurt would be even better!
Apply on your affected area and leave in place until it reaches body temperature. Rinse with warm water and repeat as many times as necessary. For best performance, you can mix in a little turmeric powder.
Similarly, mayonnaise can be effective against sunburn used the same way.
- Tea. A skin lightening method that is simple and cheap especially in large areas. The tannic acid in black tea helps to “pull” the burn and heal the skin. But be sure to use real tea and not a type of fruit or infusion ribose or anything.
Use tea without flavor if available. Make a big pot of black tea and let it cool. Put some ice cubes to speed up the process if you are in a hurry. Then take a towel and cold tea and apply to the areas that have been burned.
Alternatively, you can pour and take a nice cool bath in the tub and pour all the water infusion. This is good if you have large burned areas your body. If you have burned your eyelids, you can dip a couple of tea bags and put one on each eyelid.
- Aloe vera. Aloe Vera is a necessity when it comes to all kinds of skin problems, both outside and inside. You can eat or drink to benefit your digestive tract as well. You can also put in all kinds of wounds and skin problems.
One of the good skin lightening methods of sunburns is to mix cucumber juice, aloe Vera and vitamin E oil in a blender and apply it on the burn.
Caution: Avoid products that contain lanolin aloe and lanolin which can make the burn more painful.
- Potato peels. Another good remedy for sunburn, especially if it is as small areas is to wash and peel a potato and put potato peels down (wet end) on the burn.
- Lavender oil. Lavender essential oil is ideal for sunburn. It not only relieves the pain but it also makes the skin flake and so you get to keep your sun tan. Mix about 1 drop in a quarter cup of water and put in a spray bottle for easy application. You can also put a few drops of peppermint oil for an added effect. Shake well before using!
- Coconut oil. Use unrefined organic coconut oil on the skin before sun exposure for protection. Be sure to use only unrefined organic coconut oil, as other varieties are not good.
- White vinegar. Apply organic white vinegar on your sunburn. It will soothe and will help heal the burn faster. It can be stored in the fridge and used when needed. You can also mix equal parts vinegar and olive oil and put on your skin an hour before going outside. There is no doubt that it is another skin lightening methods for sunburns.
- Cucumber and apple. Apply thin slices of cucumber or apple into on your burn. Or peel a cucumber, puree and use as a facial mask that can also be relaxing.
- Tomato juice and butter. Mix 2 tablespoons of tomato juice with 4 tablespoons of butter and use facial mask on the face where it hurts. Leave on for 2 hours before rinsing.
- Vitamin E. The vitamin E is good for anything having to do with the skin. Mix with a moisturizing lotion or find one with vitamin E in it.